Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Boys of Summer are Back

After an arduous local move,  the boys and I are trying to resume some semblance of summer normality. This includes a daily trip to the pool and today's beautiful weather made for one happy poolside mama.

After playing a game of tennis ball keep away with the boys in the water,  I found solace laying in the sun with a cool breeze making me (dare I say it in mid - July) almost chilly! Crazy talk, I know.

Although I will relish the quiet time when school starts back,  I love the cadence of summertime.  Can't believe it's flying by so quickly.

Now that we see the countdown to school on the horizon,  we're trying to make the most of each day. And even in the face of moving boxes and furniture assembly, unpacking and reorganizing,  I still have to soak in each moment... each fleeting, memory-making moment with my Boys of Summer.

No comments: