Friday, March 23, 2012

Focusing on the Good Stuff

It's so easy to let our minds get stretched and twisted and focused on things that steal our joy. So, for the past couple days, I have really tried to pay attention to the "little stuff" that makes me smile. It works wonders:

Making pancakes with a four year old
and having him tell you it makes him feel special

The smell and sound of the rain
as it pours outside an open sliding glass door

An unsolicited kiss and hug from my 10 year old son

The same child vacuuming the dining room without being asked

Laughing out loud at a tweet

Song lyrics that hit the spot

Red jellybeans

The happiness on my child's face as I made him
a ghost from 2 pieces of Kleenex

Dancing to 80's music as I clean house

Picking up the phone and hearing a friend
say "Girllllll...." as she starts in on a story.

Seeing how excited your son is to have
his Daddy take him out for a "Man Breakfast"

and... being blessed with another day
to appreciate all the little stuff in my life.

Onward to the weekend...

4 comments:

Lighthousegal said...

I stopped by to tell you that I have an Award for you! I have followed your blog for some time and always enjoy your posts.
Hop over to my blog to retrieve the award!

Cathy said...

Great post with easy readable content. Thanks for the post.
HVAC Contracto Richmond West

Carl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Industrial Ventilation said...

Thanks for the Information, thanks for this fine Post. I will subscribe to your feed for updates.
Commercial Kitchen Hoods