Saturday, July 05, 2008

Maybe This Time You Can Write it in Pen!

For years I have kidded folks that they should be sure to use a pencil when jotting down our address in their address books. A "Frequent Mover," I always felt I should have some sort of punch card or something...you know, like the ones where you get a free sammich after the purchase of 6 or so. It was just a thought.

Anyway, growing up with my Dad getting transferred often, my sister and I were able to embark on a new adventure every few years or so. Many kids may not have liked it but, to me, it was a chance for a fresh start. Whatever parts of the "you" people had gotten to know in a particular location could be all but "wiped away" when arriving in a new place. There was alwaysthe chance I might be a "cool kid" wherever we went; but, instead, my true goofball personality would usually bleed through in the first 5 minutes and any semblance of the International Woman of Mystery mystique I had hoped to enlist was out the window.

One year i did get exotic, though, and used my full first name Kathleen (instead of Katie). It was seventh grade and the name carried an air of sophistication -- or so I thought. All I did was get really confused about who I really was and by the time eighth grade rolled around, I was back to being plain ol' Katie again. I was immeasurably relieved.

Well, the time has come again for us to pack up our stuff (I know! Didn't we just get here?!?) and settle into a new house. We found one, made an offer on July 4 and should hear back by Monday. I'm pretty sure (if we can make it work) that we'll be in this one quite a while! In fact, I'm gonna go out on a long limb and say it's possible that you can write our address in ink this time.

If you're wild and crazy like that, you know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, will you still be in Thompson Station or near by??

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

Are you in Thompson's Station anonymous? :-)

If it works out, it's still in the same area. I'm relieved...

Anonymous said...

No, I'm in Atlanta, my daughter is in Spring Hill, you know, the massage therapist. I'm still following you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Dangit! I'm so happy you found a great house, but I JUST put your address in my pda on Thursday. Easy enough to change, I know, but you know me...

burnsie

MelDrop's Corner said...

not gonna do it until it's a GA address again. :-)

Mia said...

Woo hoo for me!!! I mean Woo Hoo for you and your new house!!!

Suzanne said...

You might want to check out Just Another Hang Up for the July Tote Give-Away results... The FINAL results that is!!! My email address is on the sidebar -- send me an email after you read the post!