Saturday, July 26, 2008

Amazing Amazing Grace

Like so many others, my favorite song always has been, is, and always will be Amazing Grace. When I was younger, it used to be the soothing melody of the song pouring out of our piano on a Sunday morning as I was dressing for church. Later, it was the feeling of security and belonging that I felt as I sang those familiar words with my mother...whether cooking dinner or driving in our car...her soprano notes blending perfectly with my alto harmony.

But, as I've grown older and more appreciative of the grace that God has bestowed upon me (and, believe me, it's overwhelming at times) it is the very words of the song that entrance me. A friend of mine sent me this video and it moved me to tears. I think it will move you, too.

Amazing grace, how very sweet the sound.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I LOVE Wintley Phipps, and I love his explanation for the song.

Mia said...

That gave me chills and tears. So very beautiful.